Click here for the PDF version of Pete McNeely’s Resume!
firstname.lastname@example.org (973) 568-7587
104 Parker Ave. Maplewood, NJ 07040
Carleton College, Northfield, MN
Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics (Magna Cum Laude) Overall GPA: 3.52/4.00
Selected coursework: Intro to CS, Data Structures, Computer Organization & Architecture, Algorithms, Software Design, Calculus 1,2,3, Linear Algebra, Math Structures, Abstract Algebra, Probability, Real Analysis, Ordinary Differential Equations, Combinatorial Theory, Intro to Microeconomics, Intro to Macroeconomics, Computer & Network Security, Intro to Statistics, Independent study in Graph Theory, Comprehensive Study on Species Theory, Introduction to Number Theory, Applied Regression Analysis.
Spring 2013 CS Lab Assistant, Carleton College Northfield, MN
- Answer technical questions about the hardware and software used in the lab, help other students write and debug computer programs, work on programming projects assigned by the CS Department, and monitor these labs.
2013 Database Assistant, Carleton College Northfield, MN
- Assist Vice President and Treasurer of Carleton on a database-driven project on higher education college endowments.
- Organize, clean, and analyze data that the National College and University Business Officers Association (NACUBO) has collected over the past 40 years on college endowments, their asset allocations, their spending, their investment returns and their market values.
Winter 2013 Computer Science Grader, Carleton College Northfield, MN
- Was responsible for grading various assignments for Computer and Network Security (CS 231) while taking the class.
December 2012 MIAC Analytics Extern, MIAC Analytics New York, NY
- Took a leadership role in the management of the client relationship system, working jointly with the MIAC team to refine current database status and reporting capabilities.
- Worked with traders and trading assistants in reconciling price discrepancies and enhancing reporting capabilities.
Summer 2012 Summer School Intern, Newark Academy Livingston, NJ
- Taught Geometry, Pre-Calculus, and Calculus classes to high school students.
- Saw major improvements in students’ test scores throughout the summer.
Summer 2011 Research Assistant, Carleton College Northfield, MN
- Worked for the Choral Director at Carleton College on a project cataloging the Carleton careers of choir singers dating from present day back to 1915. Created and populated the database recording biographical information.
Summer 2010 Camp Counselor, Camp Susquehannock Brackney, PA
- Coached kids (ages 10-17) in various sports and activities; helped improve their physical coordination, improve their physical confidence, and encourage good sportsmanship.
- Collaborated with co-counselors to run the camp as efficiently as possible.
2011-2013 Volunteer Math Tutor, Carleton College Northfield, MN
- Tutored struggling high school students in Algebra II and Pre-Calculus. Worked on strengthening the students’ study habits and thought processes in tackling math problems.
2009 – 2012 Varsity Football Team, Carleton College Northfield, MN
- Captain for the 2012-2013 season; Represented the team and school on and off the playing field.
- Four-year letter winner; Three-year starter.
- Spent 25 hrs./wk. in season and 15 hrs./wk. out of season weight training and conditioning.
2012-2013 Ova Yonder, Carleton College Northfield, MN
- Drummer in a jazz/funk band that plays multiple venues throughout Northfield.
- Help organize song lists and concert schedules.
2012-2013 SAAC Representative, Carleton College Northfield, MN
- Member of the Student-Athletic Advisory Committee (SAAC).
- Provided insight on the student-athlete experience, promoted athletics, provided community service, and offered input on NCAA legislation.
Python, Java, R, RStudio, Gretl, Filemaker Pro, LaTeX, Excel, Powerpoint, Word; strong writing; proficient French; some SQL and C++